Tuesday 5 April 2011

A few of the Impossible things....




"Alice laughed. ‘There’s no use trying,’ she said ‘one can’t believe impossible things.’
‘I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. ‘When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." from ‘Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There’ by Lewis Carroll

This delightful conversation between Alice and the White Queen is the starting point for my new book 'Sixty Impossible things before Lunch' published by Edizioni Corraini. A book full of impossible questions, impossible pictures and impossible ideas, such as 
'Which came first, the chicken or the egg?' 'Where is the middle of nowhere?', 'What does the universe look like?' and 'How long is a piece of string?' 
Questions without answers or questions that are so hard as to be impossible. And some questions with so many answers it is impossible to give just one!

The book was launched at the recent Bologna book fair with an exhibition at MAMbo, the modern art museum in Bologna. Here are a few spreads... Photos of the private view and kids workshop coming soon!



2 comments:

  1. The new book looks fantastic! I love the string illustration especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter Valentina, 5 years old, was extremely excited to follow the workshop at Mambo Museum in Bologna .... she appreciated it very much, and asked me to buy her the book to continue drawing at home and to show it to her friends...

    ReplyDelete