Tuesday 8 May 2012

Secret 7" exhibition

Last month I took part in an exhibition of seven inch record sleeves at Idea Generation Gallery in Shoreditch. Around 700 designs were on show, each inspired by one of seven tracks by The Cure, Florence and the Machine, Bombay Bicycle club, Noah and the Whale, Ben Howard, CSS and DJ Shadow. Similar to the RCA's secret postcard exhibition, the artist's names were not revealed until a piece was bought - whereupon the purchaser could find the name of the artist hidden inside, plus a limited edition vinyl of the relevant track. My chosen track was 'Black flies' by Ben Howard and the artwork is inspired by the lyric 'Maybe you were the ocean when I was just a stone'. Sleeves were sold in aid of the Teenage Cancer trust.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed this exhibition. Well done, looks great!

    ReplyDelete